Social Media Breakfast 7: Getting Hired in a 2.0 World
With college graduation looming, the timing of yesterday’s Social Media Breakfast could not have been better, as the topic of discussion was getting hired in the 2.0 world.
Speakers included Stever Robbins, host of the Get-It-Done Guy Podcast, Aaron Strout, VP of New Media at Mzinga; Todd Defren, Principal at SHIFT Communications (and sponsor of the event) and Chris Brogan, VP of Strategy and Technology at CrossTech Media.
Each speaker briefly discussed how tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and personal blogs speak more about a candidate than a fluffed-up resume could. (Tell that to my campus career center!).
The idea that really stood out to me was the importance of managing a personal brand. In his presentation Todd said, “More and more, in the age of personal branding, if I don’t already know a person, I question, why should I [interview them]?”
With social media tools making it easier than ever to participate in the conversation and create a personal brand, what tips do you have for managing the brand of YOU?
Image pulled from here.
Filed under: internet, Laura Nelson, marketing, new media, social media, twitter, web 2.0 | 13 Comments
- RT @khanacademy: Unlock your storytelling superpowers with our new lesson from Pixar in a Box. Check out the Art of Storytelling: https://t… 2 days ago
- RT @THR: Mahershala Ali speaks out as a Muslim amidst immigration ban at #SAGawards https://t.co/UINP3ehbiK 2 weeks ago
- My interview w. @nicholsontunes for @papermagazine is up / Thanks @nicholsontunes & @davidreporting papermag.com/meet-indias-el… 1 month ago
- Maru & Mari youtube.com/watch?v=t7yEUt… 1 month ago
- One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen youtube.com/watch?v=HAqhhH… 2 months ago
- Lostness / ted.com/talks/anand_gi… 2 months ago
- Gorgeous, gorgeous @ryanbooth vimeo.com/121860278 2 months ago
- Looking for a foreigner (female) in Mumbai to act in a scene in a (very small budget) feature. One day shoot/a Saturday. DM if interested :) 2 months ago
- So good / twitter.com/jtssingh/statu… 3 months ago
- RT @ACLU: A lot of you are donating to the ACLU today because you're not sure what else to do. We're in this with you. https://t.co/cfvIQSq… 3 months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
most popular posts
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007