Finding A Missing Person
I just came across something on Facebook that I had never seen before. I was invited to a group that seeks to help a woman find her missing father.
I had always known Facebook to be used for finding people. In essence, Facebook was created to find and keep track of people. Yet, this time someone is using Facebook to find someone in a very different way. The group seeks to gain information about the whereabouts of the missing person from its members.
The group, appropiately called “Estoy buscando a mi papá, necesito la ayuda de todos” (I’m looking for my father, I need all everyone’s help), provides details about the last time the man was seen a week ago, what he was wearing and what he looks like. The group’s creator also makes a heartfelt plea to her friends, asking them to invite more people to the group so that maybe the information will reach someone who can provide information that will lead to finding her 71-year-old father.
I have seen Facebook being used for many purposes, but I must say that this particular purpose is a first for me. Hopefully, the 17,708 members the group has will somehow provide the information to find the missing family member.
I guess this is one of the many ways that Facebook proves its usefulness. Have you come across something like this before on this Facebook?
Filed under: social media | 6 Comments
Tags: facebook, Facebook Groups, Father, Missing Persons
- Capturing the scent of rain / theatlantic.com/international/… 6 days ago
- vimeo.com/209356195 via @NeochaEDGE neocha.com/magazine/inori… 1 week ago
- AR for anyone / any surface, a story newscientist.com/article/212643…- 2 weeks ago
- So, so good youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NltD… Thithi by @RaamReddy89 and Eregowda / Now on Netflix. 1 month ago
- RT @THR: Mahershala Ali speaks out as a Muslim amidst immigration ban at #SAGawards https://t.co/UINP3ehbiK 2 months ago
- My interview w. @nicholsontunes for @papermagazine is up / Thanks @nicholsontunes & @davidreporting papermag.com/meet-indias-el… 3 months ago
- Maru & Mari youtube.com/watch?v=t7yEUt… 4 months ago
- One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen youtube.com/watch?v=HAqhhH… 4 months ago
- Lostness / ted.com/talks/anand_gi… 4 months ago
- Gorgeous, gorgeous @ryanbooth vimeo.com/121860278 4 months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
most popular posts
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007