Facebook: Leave my friends alone!
Okay, I’ve held my tongue on this for about a week, but I need to let it out. Facebook is at it again, and this change has greatly impacted my site usage in terms of navigation, how I use the site, what I use it for, and the length of time I used to spend on it.
The “Friends” tab has recently undergone a makeover where the “recently updated friends” option has been eliminated. This feature has long been a part of Facebook, and I believe it is one of the main reasons the site has been so widely successful. Point being, you go on Facebook to see who has updated, as in, who’s uploaded new pictures or video, who’s got a new job, a new boyfriend, etc. Now, with the new layout, this feature is completely gone and we must filter through our friends alphabetically.
To throw salt in the wound, Facebook now has a “friend list” column where you can group friends. This was based off the concept of long forgotten friend details, which as I look through mine, none of them are remotely accurate, with outdated high school jokes and “family” consisting of everyone but.
Honestly, the change has basically cut my Facebook usage in half. There is no reason to click on anyone’s profile if you don’t know that they’ve changed anything. The old interface allowed me to see friends that I had lost touch with and see what the were up to. Now, I’ll only be going to the pages of people I care about offline.
Filed under: Uncategorized |
Tags: annoying, facebook, facebook changes, Friends, recently updated
- RT @khanacademy: Unlock your storytelling superpowers with our new lesson from Pixar in a Box. Check out the Art of Storytelling: https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @THR: Mahershala Ali speaks out as a Muslim amidst immigration ban at #SAGawards https://t.co/UINP3ehbiK 3 weeks ago
- My interview w. @nicholsontunes for @papermagazine is up / Thanks @nicholsontunes & @davidreporting papermag.com/meet-indias-el… 1 month ago
- Maru & Mari youtube.com/watch?v=t7yEUt… 2 months ago
- One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen youtube.com/watch?v=HAqhhH… 2 months ago
- Lostness / ted.com/talks/anand_gi… 2 months ago
- Gorgeous, gorgeous @ryanbooth vimeo.com/121860278 2 months ago
- Looking for a foreigner (female) in Mumbai to act in a scene in a (very small budget) feature. One day shoot/a Saturday. DM if interested :) 2 months ago
- So good / twitter.com/jtssingh/statu… 3 months ago
- RT @ACLU: A lot of you are donating to the ACLU today because you're not sure what else to do. We're in this with you. https://t.co/cfvIQSq… 3 months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
most popular posts
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007